Tuesday, December 04, 2007

When V Met

U n I - two different individuals, as different as the proverbial chalk n cheese.
U - the ever talkative, ever smiling, ever enthusiastic, ever crazy gal.
Me - the ever silent, ever brooding, ever boring, ever serious guy.
And one fine day, V met on a train.

The train was a metaphor for life - I had no clue where it was headed, I had no ticket and I desperately wanted to get off it.
Whereas, U were one who never missed catching your train, U knew where U wanted to go, U knew what U wanted to do.

And when I got off my train, U left the train too. And came with me.
It was destiny that our paths crossed. Destiny, they say, is a matter of choice than chance. Is it?
I dont know, but what I know is this -
when V met, U showed me the way.
U were the leader and I became your follower.

हम जो चलने लगे,
चलने लगे हैं यह रास्तें,
मंज़िल से बहतर,
लगने लगे हैं यह रास्तें...

आओ, खो जाये हम,
हो जाये हम युं लापता,
आओ, मिलो चलें,
जाना कहां ना हो पता...

During our journey together, I was simply floored by you.
I was amazed by U, amazed coz U were crazy and did simply whatever that came to your mind, or should I say your heart.
I envied U, envied U coz U loved yourself so much.
I loved U, loved U coz U were in love.

U showed me that when a person is in love, it shows.
U were so colorful, so happy.
And U looked so forward to meeting your love.

हां, हैं कोई तो वजह,
जो जीने का मज़ा युं आने लगा,
यह हवाओं में हैं क्या,
थोडासा जो नशा जो छाने लगा..

पुछो ना पुछो, मुझे क्या हुआ हैं,
तेरी राहों में आकर,
पुछो ना पुछो, मुझे क्या मिलेगा,
तेरी बाहो में आकर..

यह इश्क हाये,
बैठे-बिठाये, जन्नत दिखाये हां..

Until I met U, my life appeared to be completely shattered.
But U showed me the way. I argued with U that life cannot be led the way U led it - U have to be serious in life - and I was stumped when U posed me this Q,
"U were serious, weren't u? Then why did this happen to U?"
I had no answer.

But after meeting U, I turned over a new leaf. Whenever I faced a problem, a crisis, a challenge, I put on Ur thinking hat, I put myself in Ur shoes and asked myself how would U react, what would U do. And I did just what U would do.
And I became happy. And succesful.
Even in Ur absence, U became a part of me, my thoughts, my life.

ना हैं यह पाना,
ना खोना ही हैं,
तेरा ना होना जाने,
क्यों होना ही हैं..

तुमसे ही दिन होता हैं,
सुरमयी शाम आती हैं,
तुमसे ही, तुमसे ही..

हर घडी सांस आती हैं,
ज़िन्दगी कहलाती हैं,
तुमसे ही, तुमसे ही..

Fate, they say, can be cruel at times. How ironical then, that at the same time when I started living life on the very rules that U defined, U lost faith in yourself. Reality hit hard on U, when your love did not respond the way U wanted it to.

It was then my turn to help U get aboard the train again; albeit at a different station; on a different route. I showed U the mirror - a mirror that helped U look at Ur own reflection of Ur old self. Once we were back on track, U asked me if I loved U; and I could not hide the truth.

And then, destiny played its part again - your love realised his love for you, and came back to you with open arms. U looked at me; confused; torn between two loves; not sure which path to take; whom to choose as your life partner.
Two people should get married only if both of them are in love with each other - both of us knew this.
And I walked away, for your happiness...

Maybe, you realised at that moment of separation that U were missing a train; missing a journey of life that both of us could enjoy together;
and maybe you didnt want to miss this train...
... and you came running towards me... and I reached out for U...
that's Jab V Met...

13 comments:

स्नेहल said...

:)

U seem to be in love with this movie :)

Monsieur K said...

Thanks Snehal!
Yep, I did quite like this movie n the 3 songs I have quoted here.

Chhaya said...

Hey Ketan :):)
Very nicely written...
didnt realize until the end that its about a movie and was racking my brains about it :D looks like I am seriously out of the movie scene !!!
It had been quite a long while since I visited your blog, but I am glad I visited again :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog ! its just a fledgling yet ...long way to go!
baaki...hows everything else ?

rayshma said...

lovely movie, eh?! :)
absolutely loved the music, d movie and this piece. *not necessarily in that order!* u really shud write on movies more often... :)

rayshma said...

p.s.:
is the "V" intentional... or am i reading too much into it...? ;)

Monsieur K said...

@Chhaya,
thanks a lot for visiting here. havent been very regular in my posts here, but lets hope i keep writing whenever possible.
baki, ekdam majet :)

@Rayshma,
yeah, me liked the music n the movie too :D
thanks for your words of encouragement - will try to write more abt movies :)
and in hindsight, yeah, u can say tht the "V" was intentional ;-)

Jaswandi said...

atta 4ndya vachatye, pan titkach fresh ani mast vattay!
chhanch!!

Monsieur K said...

@Jaswandi,
Thanks a lot :)

यशोधरा said...

Thanks for providing the link, Monsieur :) Good post, liked it. Though, I would not be able to watch the movie the second time, okay, well, the third time, the songs are pretty good, I must say.


हम जो चलने लगे.. is a good one and I too liked it. One more song worth mentioning is आओगे जब तुम ओ साजना.... remember that one?? :)

Vaishali Hinge said...

i loved this movie..
good reveiw...
Now i could unstand it in diffrent
ways.. mostly the train.., thanks..

Monsieur K said...

@Yashodhara,
Yup, I liked that song too. Honestly, I also liked the other racy nos also. Mast fit hotaat sagli gaani - baryapaiki situational aahet!

@Lopamudraa,
thanks for visiting & your comment.

28112 said...

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monsieur K said...

This comes really late -but nevertheless -
Thanks Goblin :)