Saturday, October 01, 2005

Settling down in Tampa

Cant believe that I have been in Tampa for almost 4 weeks now. Time flies like anything. Things have been quite easy given the amazing desi junta that I have here for company - a good friend who picked me up from airport, and who's been khilao-ing (sorry, cant remember the English word) me, driving me to office, and at whose place I am also staying. :-))))

Kaam to chalte rehtaa hai. What one does look forward to is the weekend, and in the lingo of the junta here - the weekend begins from Thursday itself. This is definitely true - the overall mood of junta here on Friday is such that there are no meetings, or important deliverables scheduled for the last day of the week - many work from home (something which I would love to do all days of the week).

Nevertheless, time has been well spent on the 4 weekends so far. Went to the Clearwater beach & the pier @ St. Petersburg on the very 1st weekend. The views were mesmerising to say the least (open to interpretation), the water was cool and must recommend this - the pier @ St. Petersburg is an awesome location for a Friday evening date with its lights, parks, benches, restaurants, and the pier of course!

Today's just the 3rd day of this weekend (remember the w/e started on Thursday), and have just come back from a 80-mile drive in a red colored open top convertible - the Sebring from Chrysler. Had been to the Sai baba temple at a picturesque town called Inverness. Once you leave the I-75, you get to see some real American countryside, beautiful lakes, breathtakingly huge ranches, horses, weekend bungalows on the road to Inverness.

The experience of the drive became even more fantastic when the roof top was rolled back, and I pushed myself up for a bit to feel the air, while we were driving at a little less than 80 mph! At 90, I couldnt try this stunt - but even at 80 I could feel the wind rushing through my hair (there's still some left thankfully - touchwood!), across my face (had to take away my glasses), could listen to the loud hooosh behind my ears!

It rained for a while, so we had to stop & roll over the roof for some time - but definitely implemented what's now become a defining line of life

"zindagi mein prakruti ka anand le lenaa hai - jyaada sochnaa nahin hai, bas anand le lenaa hai."

2 comments:

AK said...

Aren't you glad no cop was around when you stood up through the moon roof :)? Keep on posting!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the blogging world !!!!

Me too have started a blog of my own.. tho virtually empty now..:)

http://amitg13.blogspot.com

Also visit

http://mumbaireverie.blogspot.com

A blog of our amazing trip to Ganpatipule :)