Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Three movies & - I, me, myself

Three people - "I", "me", "myself" - in this world - all three come from India - they cant be called Indians - they just come from India. There's more to them than being Indian - they represent three different ideologies, lifestyles, goals, aspirations, et al.

=====================================================
Lets start with the first - who am "I"??
"I" am an Indian, or rather "I" come from India, but currently stay in Sydney.

One one side, "I" am a 21st century guy who came to study architecture in Sydney, but opened up a restaurant to become what I always wanted to become - a chef! I love a live-in relationship, am ready to change my waking habits for my lady love, make breakfast for her, clean the house - BUT I hate commitment, I hate marriage & I am just not ready for a kid.

Alternatively, "I" am a nex-gen gal who doesnt want to get married, so escapes to Sydney to study medicine, and then becomes an RJ (Radio Jockey for those uninitiated) to make a living. And I want a live-in relationship as well - its only when I get pregnant (thank God, we have moved away from the hysterical "yeh kahaan se apnaa mooh kaala kar aayi kal-moohi!!") - thats when I realise the joy of giving life to another person, the joy of being a mother (a try @ being Mother India), the joy of doing what I really wanna do!

Oops, and if "I" have to greet you, "I" would simply say "Salaam Namaste"!and then I continue h(u)mmmmm-ing 'My dil goes hmmmmm'...

=====================================================

Moving on to the next person. Who "me"?? "Me" belongs to that heavenly paradise on Earth called Kashmir.
Me's brother is a terrorist & me's lover is an Indian army captain. Now, that definitely means a lot of ammunition in me's life.
Nevertheless, me's life recoils on every nook n corner with bullet shots.
But dont get confused - me's a very normal gal o'wise.. me's aspirations are as sky high as any other teenager... simply wearing a pair of jeans..
or like when me's in love, me likes singing 'Pooche jo koi meri nishaani, rang heena kehnaa' on the Dal lake...

It amazes "me" to know that life in Pune is so unhappening - no snow, no chinaar trees, no bullets - c'mon!! how can you live in a place like that???

Coz me firmly believes that,
Agar kahin dharti par swarga hai, to bas "Yahaan" hai, "Yahaan" hai, "Yahaan" hai!
=====================================================

Time for the 3rd person - talking about "Myself"??
What do you want to know about "myself"?

Myself comes from UP. Naah.. myself not a bhaiyya, but a police officer, who wants to clean out the entire crime system in UP. Yeah, myself face a lot of opposition - from politicians, criminals - but myself not give up - myself fight till the end, for the sake of society, for good, for truth.

And when myself feel tired, myself remembers mother's words,
" Jab aadmi thak jaata hai, to use Sehar mein ugte suraj ke saamne khadaa rehnaa chaahiye, thakaan apne-aap duur ho jaayegi!"

=====================================================

Three movies - Salaam Namaste, Yahaan & Sehar - all depicting life in today's India. Movies which are not your typical candy floss stuff, but come close to real life - and yet so unreal or rather so incoherent between themselves. Tough to believe that they represent the lives of Indians living in the same time. They belong to the same generation, are of the same age, come from the same country - yet they have different aspirations, different problems, different ways to define happiness..

It is unclear who amongst these three can be called a typical Indian - they all come from India, but their lives are so different.. they cant get type-cast as Indian..

Unsurprisingly most of us also belong to this generation - and touchwood! Our life is so much different!! (At least mine is...)

No comments: